Friday, October 8, 2021

'Wrong Turn' Borrows From The Scary Folklore of the Appalachian Mountains



The latest 'Wrong Turn' installment mines the scary folklore of the Appalachian mountains, horror stories that I became familiar with, as I am a fan of the Youtube horror stories told by many great storytellers from that area of the world.

I will not divulge what the protagonists in the movie eventually meet but they will certainly be doing their best to stay alive up to the end of the movie lol.

I did enjoy the movie, especially as the contrast between a sunny and enjoyable beginning starts to escalate into consequences suffered after making a momentous decision to stray from the well-worn trail the region is known for.

It's like saying "Stray into our territory and we will be your worst nightmare!"

Among the horror movies I saw these past few months, 'Wrong Turn' was the most enjoyable.  Moreover, they did diversify their cast with Asians, blacks and even an LGBT couple.

I recommend this as a Must Watch for horror movie fans like me. It offers a few new thrills that the latest horror movies have been festooning on us horror movie fans.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment