Monday, February 3, 2020

My Votes for Oscars 2020: Acting Categories





The Oscars are next week already, probably the earliest they have ever held the show in the 36 years that I have followed it!
So it's time to cast na my votes (feeling Academy member lol)
So here are my votes in the acting category.
Best Actor - Adam Driver
I have loved this guy since the HBO show Girls, and I am not surprised he has taken the Hollywood acting world by storm - a second consecutive nomination! Amazing!
And he is amazing in the Marriage Story. That scene where he sings "Being Alive" just brought tears to my eyes.
Best Actress - Scarlett Johansson
I have loved Scarlett since The Horse Whisperer and I was livid that she was snubbed in Lost in Translation. So now that I have a chance to vote for her, she gets it! My favorite scene is when she asks for her family's help to serve the divorce papers to her husband. Freaking hilarious!
Best Supporting Actress - Laura Dern
"You will always be held to a different higher standard." That freaking monologue has Oscar written all over it and Laura just does it perfectly!
Best Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
The film closest to my heart among all the nominees but it missed the Best Picture nomination. Anthony plays Pope Benedict XVI in this movie and there are so many riveting scenes which are thought-provoking to many Catholics like me. The actors here have humanized the Popes which for many Catholics, is almost like touching God - a heavy burden to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment