Monday, September 27, 2021

Movie Review: The Novelty Fades A Bit in 'Don't Breathe 2'




'Don't Breathe' had one of the most audacious premises of any horror movie in a long time when it came out years ago.  I thoroughly enjoyed it as I did not have an idea what the movie was about since I do not usually watch trailers.  All I knew was it was a horror movie.

And what I ride we all had!

Fast forward to 'Don't Breathe 2' and just like the first one, I did not watch the trailer for this but I already knew that the main protagonist had 'skillz'.

Anyhow, the whole movie was a disappointment, even though they put a young girl there to add some spice in the story.  Maybe because I knew the main protagonist was a bad-ass, I did not feel any tension or fear for them  against this squad of hooligans who were up to no good.

In other words, the premise which was so promising in the first, virtually destroyed the suspense, in this second outing.

By the time the last killings were made, I was just glad the movie was over.  Too much unnecessary deaths and no fear or horror at all.  What wasted time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment