Saturday, December 18, 2021

Movie Review: 'The Unforgivable' is Quite a Heavy Drama with a Surprising Twist



Sandra Bullock is perpetually scowl-faced in her new Netflix movie 'The Unforgivable', making me wonder if there are really people in this world with such a joyless existence that nothing ever makes them smile.

There is a tragic back story to her character and when the movie was helping us piece through the flashbacks, a question was nagging at the back of my mind.  Why would a relatively sane person like Sandra Bullock's character do that deed when she knows the grave consequences it will bring to her sister and she?

Midway through the movie, my question is answered by a twist - and it was only then that I understood most of the motivations of her character and why she seemed so hard, so unhappy, so unforgivable?

There were parts of the movie that I enjoyed, especially Bullock's parole officer - a bright spot in drearily-themed movie.  Revenge is also a recurring theme in the movie which gives the movie a heavy atmosphere from start to finish.

I think it's only my being a Sandra Bullock fan that has made me enjoy this movie - and eagerly watching how it ends.  I desperately wanted a happy ending to the tragedy that permeates every pore of this movie.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment