Thursday, November 4, 2021

Getting Ready for the Biggest Battle of My Life


I am currently planning a trip to the home province of my parents, sincerely hoping that this trip would help solve a major thorn on my side, as I get ready to fight the biggest battle of my life.

No, I am not dying of any disease.  However, if this trip does not bear any immediate results or at least, show any positive developments, I will end up in jail between now and June next year - a fate I am looking forward with constant dread.

However, as I have been watching the TV shows Breaking Bad and Ozark lately, I have mustered enough gumption and confidence to face these 'impossible problems' that have been dropped on my lap with the same resolve as Walter White and Marty Byrde, the two main characters of those TV shows.                                                                                                                                        For some strange reason, every time the shit hits the fan and starts falling on me, my first reaction would be - "What would Walter White do?" or "What would Marty Byrde do?"  These characters have been able to solve every hair-brained problem and by using their clever nature, they found unusual solutions to deal with the 'problem'.

These TV characters are not exactly paragons of virtue, but what I can tell you (if you don't watch these TV shows) is that these guys NEVER GIVE UP.  And they never let people trample on them.  No problem is hard enough to faze them.

That is currently the attitude I have right now. I want this confidence and positivity to come out when I need them, as I talk to key people in the province.  I am putting all my trust in God.  I am willing to do the work, I hope I get to raise the money I need to finally settle this.

Wish me luck and I am writing this just to get this off my chest.  I have been receiving toxic news lately and I want to shake that loser attitude off.  I want to be battle ready.

To avoid jail, I have to raise a HUGE amount of money - which would have been easier if times were normal - but with the pandemic - it has been very difficult to raise the funds as many of the normal debtors aren't releasing any cash.

So I have to go to my Papa's province to sell off my inheritance, with the hopes that I do find a buyer or buyers and finally settle this problem.

I am just hoping there are still some people who are loaded enough to invest on land during this pandemic.  The mother of Laura's friend sold off her island for a good amount of moolah during the pandemic, so I am hoping, a similar type of buyer or investor will come out to help me offload five of these properties.

While my siblings will have a windfall, at least I will have my freedom.  That would at least load off a lot OFF my chest!

 

2 comments: