Thursday, November 4, 2021

MOVIE REVIEW: The French Sensibilities of the Sex Scenes in 'A Girl + A Guy'

 




This movie has so many sex scenes and full frontals that it seems like the one who pitched this movie to Dondon Monteverde described it as "Scorpio Nights meets the Millennials".

If you're from my generation, I am sure you know how steamy the sex scenes in Scorpio Nights were - and how integral they were to the story.  It was an adultery story and those scenes just made adultery seem so tempting yet so forbidden.

Well, the Orestes Ojeda or Daniel Fernando, or Anna Marie Gutierrez in this movie have been transformed to today's 20++ generation characters in modern jobs with more money and bigger dreams than the security guard and housewife of that 80's classic Peque Gallaga movie.

That Erik Matti directed this shows how much influence Gallaga has had on him.  Finally, an adult-themed local movie that is not squeamish with sex scenes.  The French do it in all their movies so why can't we.

I guess I am mostly talking about the sex scenes in the movie because I admit I got lost in the dialogue and script as the movie is a bit long for me.  If the editor just got 30 minutes from it, maybe make it more compact, the impact of the movie would have been more visceral and searing.

And we wouldn't have waited so long for something we knew would already happen (eventually, after all the hullaballoo, the boy gets girl storyline).  Nothing wrong with it, yun lang, ang haba ng paghihintay, too many extra scenes LOL

Anyhow, I assure you there are a lot of babes in this movie and they do look hot and not retoke so they really look sexy.  As for the guys, I wrote about them in another article LOL - https://tonyfabelous.blogspot.com/2021/11/my-baes-for-2021.html

If I were you, just tune out the crying and wailing break up script of the actors and just zoom in the sex scenes.  At least somebody's going to get some tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment