Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Justin Bieber For the 2022 Grammy's Album of the Year





 The only two albums I haven't listened to in this year's nominees for Grammy Album of the Year are Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga's 'Love for Sale' and Jon Batiste's 'We Are'.

It could still change my pick eventually after I listen to both of them, but I am quite satisfied with the nominees the members have chosen this year.  

The members have actually chosen some of the most successful albums of 2021.

I would not be surprised if the members chose H.E.R.'s Back of my Mind as the winner.  It took me sometime to warm up to her music but she does grow on you.  In fact, she just had her first number one song in my personal countdown list (she was just a guest of Jhene Aiko) and she may soon get another #1, this time, collaborating with Moneybagg Yo.

My sentimental favorite is Justin Bieber's Justice because it's the first album this year which I truly loved and I love more than 90% of the album.  The only thing I hate there is that gospel song.  Pop celebrities singing about Jesus Christ? Please.......

A close second is Olivia Rodrigo's 'Sour'. I love confessional albums and so does the Grammy's.  There is a long list of winners and nominees where the album mirrored the singer's personal life.  I just don't know if the membership would choose another Taylor Swift clone.

For fun, I would choose Lil Nas X's 'Montero'.  I am gay so  I should vote for a gay man's album.  Unfortunately, I am the Queen Elizabeth gay - boring, unexciting, does not push boundaries.  And I do not see myself kissing and cavorting with the devil.  However, it is a very exciting album to listen to, and should court love from some voters.

Billie Eilish's 'Happier Than Ever' is quite uneven and while it does have some high moments for me like Oxytocin, it is quite easy to doze off while listening to the album.

Doja Cat's 'Her Planet' is a fun listen but not exactly groundbreaking.

Just wait for my thoughts on Jon Batiste and Bennett and Gaga.  They might still change my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment