Friday, January 3, 2020

The Films Eligible for the 2020 My FABE Film Awards



Since this is the start of the new year, I am awarding the best performances in film I saw in 2019.  I only saw a few movies last year - and to be eligible here - I should have seen that movie in a movie theater or it should be a Netflix release.  Those are the only official ways.  If I saw it through DVD or download, it is not eligible.  This year, since I am planning to buy an Apple TV, any movie I see through it will also be eligible.  The point is, I should have paid to watch the movie. Otherwise, it won't be eligible for any award.

Movies I also saw through international film festivals through the course of 2019, even if they were released before, are also eligible, as long as I saw them for the first time.

Unfortunately, only 29 movies are eligible for this award this year.  The list are as follows - in chronological order -


Mary Poppins Returns 
The Upside
Born Beautiful
Ghost Wife
Glass
Cold Pursuit
Green Book
Us 
Hotel Mumbai 
Stranded
Greta
Last Fool Show
Long Shot
The Hustle
Dumplin 
JT Leroy
The Music of Silence
Rocketman
Ma
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile 
Midsommar 
Wild Tales
Hello Love Goodbye
Parasite
Panti Sisters
Downton Abbey
Hustlers
Abominable
Murder Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment